The Historical Advisory Committee will monitor the state of historical research and writing on IT history and advise the ITHS board on historical activities it should endorse, encourage, stimulate, and fund. In particular, upon request of the ITHS board, the Historical Advisory Committee will review proposals relating to historical projects submitted to ITHS for funding or posting on its web pages.
- Gerard Alberts - University of Amsterdam
- William Aspray, Chairman - University of Texas at Austin
- Thomas Haigh - University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Ulf Hashagen - Deutsches Museum
- Ann Johnson - University of South Carolina
- David Mindell - MIT